At ideostone, we believe strongly that we need more people and organisations to become environmentally literate. This means giving many more people, and the people who make up organisations, much better knowledge and understanding of the benefits we gain from our environment and, conversely, the harm we are causing it.
Environmental literacy is also about recognising that we are part of the natural world and that damage we cause will have an impact upon us, our lives and the lives of our friends, neighbours, children and grandchildren. Knowing more about the world we live in, will, we believe, lead to us enhancing rather than degrading the environment in which we live and work. To achieve this, at ideostone, we facilitate other people’s learning about the range of complex issues using face-to-face sessions, e-learning and mentoring
When an individual we are working with ‘gets it’ and can talk and write about climate change, biodiversity, waste management or sustainability with more confidence, and use information we have given them to make a difference, we get a real sense of excitement and achievement. We…
- help people to understand the scale of our impact on our shared environment
- motivate people to recognise how important it is to care for our environment
- challenge conventional perceptions of organisations and their place in society
- equip people with tools to make positive environmental changes to their lives and organisations.
**Our latest course: ‘Environmental Literacy
– an Introduction’ is now live on Udemy!**